Packing for Paris!

Hello Everyone!

Everyone loves a city break. I know I do, that's for sure! However, packing can be stressful. What will you want to wear? What's the weather going to be like? I have to look good! These are just a few questions you may ask yourself when packing for your dream holiday. However in the post I am going to share with you my essentials for a stress free trip to my favourite city; Paris. Paris is home to some of the biggest designers around, Chanel, Dior, Hermes, to name just a few. The city sleeps and breathes fashion as well holding many other amazing landmarks, making it my dream destination. When packing for a city break I think comfort and style. If I want to be wandering the streets of Paris in the day I want to be comfortable and stylish to ensure I make the most of the beautiful city. Yet that's not to say I wouldn't pack a beautiful dress and heels to wear in the evening to make the most of their cocktail bars and restaurants. Farfetch is an amazing website to check out to ensure you pack all your holiday essentials. Not only this, for those who struggle to fit everything in their case neatly (believe me, I'm just the same) it will guide you to make sure you pack everything you'll need suitably! You can check it out here. To give you a rough guide on what I would pack for a city break, I have put together a couple of outfits which I think would be ideal. Enjoy!

Now I have a very girly style. I like nothing more than buying dresses and skirts and pairing them with different items to take me from day to night. When I think of Paris fashion I think classic and
 elegant. A simple A line skirt would be ideal for a trip to Paris. It could be worn both day or night with a classic pair of flats, or dressed up with a pair of heels, therefore seen as a definite essential. I am obsessed with this one by Burberry, I love the material of the skirt. The A line shape is extremely flattering for most body shapes as well as the colour. Black is such a sophisticated colour and never off trend. However if you wanted to keep the outfit more simple, I would without a doubt pack a pair of your favourite jeans. I love these ones from the Farfetch site. They could be paired with a bright top for a more stand out look, or simply monochrome. For the day I would team it with a simple white scoop neck top and cropped jacket. A statement jacket would be essential, not only for fashion but also warmth. The cropped tailoring would ensure the outfit is flattering, synching in at the waist. I am obsessed with this one by Creatures of The Wind. The sleeves add extra detail but the simple material isn't too much paired with the skirt. For wandering around a city I think flats are perfect; I would need them anyway! I found these loafers on the Farfetch website and I think they're perfect for a trip to Paris, they're classic, simple, but so stylish and I think they would look so cute yet sophisticated with the skirt. In terms of handbag, when abroad I like to carry a big one with me. I like to ensure I have everything I will need with me, in order for a stress free trip. I chose this one by Salvatore Ferragamo because I loved the tote style, as well as the shoulder strap! I think this is so handy when shopping (which I would be doing in Paris) and taking pictures of sights, so it's ideal! I also love the little touch of green to add a pop of colour to the monochrome outfit. Finally accessories, I would 100% pack a pair of sunglasses. They add extra detail to an outfit and are a holiday essential. I chose these by Chanel, not only because it's a French brand, but because I also love the cat eye shape. It's very on trend and would look elegant with the rest of my outfit.

Of course when I go away, I love to pack a few evening dresses. I find this so difficult because I never know what I will want to wear until I'm there so I found a couple of alternatives. My first pick is by Roksanda and it's a gorgeous coral colour midi dress. The colour drew me to this stress as well as the mauve, black and red trip. I love the structure of this dress and think it would look stunning with some heels. The mini length keeps it fun yet formal, I am obsessed with this.You can find this dress here. An alternative to this, and perhaps more formal for dressier occasions is this dress by MSGM. How could I do a blog post about Paris and not include a red item when it's know as the city of love? However that's not the only reason I chose this dress. I love the print. It's so eye catching, but not in your face, perfect for making a fashion statement on an evening out.The light material looks so elegant, perfect for a city break to paris. You can find this dress here. In terms of heels I decided to keep it simple. When packing for holiday I hate overpacking on shoes, therefore I opted for a simple pair of nude pumps which will go with anything. These would look perfect with all the items of clothes mentioned in the blog post, as well as any you own yourself, so I would definitely invest in a pair of nude heels. I picked out these by Casadei and think they're perfect. Finally, a clutch bag. Perfect for an evening out when you just want to pack minimal items. In terms of jewellery when I go away, I generally keep it simple, a pair of pretty earrings you can wear when travelling saves packing them and the worry of them going missing.



So there you have it. They're my essentials when going for a weekend away.Of course I would pack other essentials such a makeup and skincare, these however are just my fashion favourites. I love having a day outfit and an evening outfit, as well as options as I am very indecisive! Be sure to check out the Farfetch website for gorgouse fashion pieces. I hope you enjoyed this post and got some outfit inspirations, Until next time,

Hannah xo




0 comments:

Post a Comment