How to achieve perfect winged eyeliner!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all well. Today I thought I would share with you my technique for getting the perfect winged eyeliner. I'll share a brief step by step guide to get a flawless finish every time... well nearly every time! I have been wearing winged eyeliner for a few years now and it's my go-to look when I want something both sophisticated but dramatic. I love how you can build up the thickness of the liner to get the desired look, but today I'll just share a basic, every day liner walkthrough.



I always use the collection fast stroke liner, and that's what I used to create this look. No matter how many new liners I try, I always go back to my trusty collection one. It lasts all day and is completely affordable; it's a win win situation!

1. Start off by doing a simple flick going from the outer corner of your eye, to however long you want your wing to be. I find its best to follow the angle your water line is going and flick it out from there. For best results, I apply this with my eyes open so you can see what it's going to look like.

2. I then join this up to my lash line, Again, depending how thick you want your liner to be should be how far along your lash line you go. As you can see from the images below, I opted for a more everyday liner.

3. Fill it in! At the moment you should have a small gap between your two lines, Fill this in carefully, no need to rush.

4. This part is the tricky stage. Line your lash line carefully with the liner, try not to do this too thick or it'll cover most of your lid! I tend to apply this with my eye slightly open as I think this gives the most precision. Take this line into the inner corner of your eye, apply mascara and ta da! I paired this look with a bright red lip for a classic look.


Sorry about the cropping of these images, I hope they help all the same!


I hope this post helped you with the application of eyeliner if you didn't know already! Like I said before, this is my go to look so I love being able to share with you how I achieve this.
Until next time...

Hannah xo



3 comments:

  1. Aw this is so helpful thank you! I never really attempt eye liner, will be coming back to this post for sure xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster award because I think your blog is great. If you fancy doing another tag haha, and answering my questions, feel free to check out my post.

    Amy x

    http://www.amyeliiza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your liner skills - great tutorial!
    charleylucy.com

    ReplyDelete