A Trip to Amsterdam

Hi Everyone,

Last month I was lucky enough to go on a long weekend city break with my boyfriend to celebrate our 2 year. We had been wanting to visit Amsterdam for a long time and we thought it would be the perfect occasion to pack our bags and go. I wanted to do a blog post to share with you what we did there, and recommend a few places we loved if you have intentions of going. I know my readers are from many different countries but if you're from the UK, Amsterdam flights are extremely reasonable so I'd definitely prompt you to go!


Before we went we had a few ideas in mind where we wanted to go, and what we wanted to see. In some cases I had heard it is best to book in advance. We visited both the Van Gogh museum and Anne Frank House, both of which if we had not of booked we would of been queuing for HOURS. On the first day we visited the Van Gogh museum, although we both enjoyed ourselves, neither of us are that into art (despite me taking it at A level!) So we didn't spend as long there as some people. The art was amazing to look at however we are no experts so moved fairly quickly throughout the gallery. Following on from this we visited the Heineken experience. I had been recommended this by my cousin, however I didn't think it would be my kind of thing. Yet, the tour was very hands on to keep everyone entertained and we received three free drinks which was a bonus. For the rest of the day we explored the city, and I have to say, it is one of the most beautiful cities I've visited, but watch out for bikes, we nearly got hit many times... they're everywhere! We visited the red light district as we were intrigued as to what it was going to be like, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting haha.


The following day was our busiest. We decided to visit Artis Zoo as it's one of the top attractions on TripAdvisor; such tourists! We both agreed it was better than any zoo we had visited as it felt so relaxed and the animals were in such big enclosures which was nice to see. There was lots of greenery and gardens to explore so we decided to sunbathe for a little bit which was lovely. Following on from this we were booked in to visit the Anne Frank House. This was a must see. Despite being very emotional it was informative, touching and very interesting and we were glad we visited. We weren't allowed to take photos (for obvious reasons) but if this would interest you I would definitely recommend visiting and booking well in advance.






After such a busy day it only seemed right to try some Dutch pancakes! We headed to a pancake house a Youtuber I watch recommended to me and it didn't disappoint. They were honestly the best pancakes I had ever eaten and the bakery was so authentic. After this we decided to have a few drinks and enjoy a night time cruise along the canals of Amsterdam. It was so interesting getting an insight to all the buildings and history of Amsterdam, and the whole cruise was so relaxing. The wine definitely helped! Our final day was spent wandering around Amsterdam and Vondelpark.


If you plan to visit Amsterdam I definitely would go for it. I would happily go again! There's so much to do there and it's such an atmospheric place which anyone of any age would enjoy. I hope you enjoyed this post, it's something a bit different to what I've done previously, but I love to share my travels with you all and recommend places. Until next time,

Hannah xo








2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend was in Amsterdam for a couple of months last year and loved it! We're planning on going there together soon :)

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperate to visit Amsterdam, I looks gorgeous!!

    Nicole x
    nicoleannx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete