My current MAC Lipstick collection

Hiya!

I recently had a little sort through my makeup collection just to see what products I'd forgotten about in the midst of my masses of makeup. While I was sorting I came across a few of my mac lipsticks so I thought I would share the ones I currently have in my collection. I say currently because I have used a few up completely and not repurchased them, however I will still give them a mention in this post as I clearly love them to have used them entirely. I'll also a mention a few which are on my wishlist- as there's quite a few...I'm not addicted I swear! Mac lipsticks are one of my favourite brands of lip products. In general when I shop at mac I tend to be drawn to the lip products just because of all the different finishes they do and all the pretty colours. I end up covered in swatches and a list as long as my arm of the products I want to buy next.


On a day to day basis I tend to wear nude colours. I sometimes opt for a berry lip but overall I prefer to pair winged eyeliner with a gorgeous nude and I'm good to go. The first shade to mention is Lovelorn. This is a gorgeous pink nude and is a lustre finish. The lustre formula is one of my favourite for everyday because it's so creamy on the lips but is still very pigmented. It's not drying at all so feels amazing. I love wearing this colour in the spring as it looks gorgeous with a slight tan and a natural glow! Next up is Fanfare. This is a slightly darker nude but I still wear this everyday or even on a night out with a smoky eye. The staying power of this one is better than Lovelorn because of the cremesheen formula so the colour is more pigmented also. I think this would look amazing on any skin tone as it's so versatile. Patisserie is the next one I want to talk. Oh my goodness I can't get enough of this lip colour, I'm onto my second one and it's still got the least product left out of any of my lipsticks. It's the perfect nude for my skin tone, it doesn't wash me out and is so easy to wear. Again it's a lustre finish so isn't drying at all, and I love to pair it with a nude lip pencil and it lasts all day. I honestly can't hype this up enough, if you're looking for that perfect nude lipstick I'd definitely choose this one. The final nude shade I'm going to mention is Crème cup. This was the first nude lipstick I bought from mac and I still love it now. It slightly washes me out so generally I'd opt for another one but that's just because it's too pinky for me. Again, it's a cremesheen formula so it's very pigmented but still applies beautifully. Here's a few swatches so you can get an idea of the colours.


Okay so next up are the slightly bolder colours. I usually wear these on a night out as that's when I prefer for my makeup to stand out a bit more, however I do wear these on a day to day basis as well. None of my current collection have a matte formula however I have previously owned Diva which I totally used up. It's very pigmented and is a deep red-almost burgundy shade. I'd recommend applying a balm after use though as it can be very drying. I have also previously owned ruby woo. I bought this because of the hype surrounding it. I admit it's a pretty shade of red however I find the application almost tugs the lips when you apply, but the colour pay off you get once applied is very good. Dark side is a deep red which is in my current collection. It's an amplified formula so the colour is very intense. It's such a beautiful colour however because it's not matte I wouldn't recommend if you are going to be eating or drinking. Plumful is the next colour to mention. This was actually the first mac lipctick I ever owned and I'm on my second one now. This is a slightly darker pinky/purple which is very easy to wear everyday and is my go to shade in autumn. It's so smooth as it's a lustre finish but the application is so easy and it has great lasting power. Finally, Milan Mode. I mainly bought this because of the name. My boyfriend and I had recently visited Milan so when I saw it and liked the colour I had to get it. I admit it's slightly out of my comfort zone as I don't tend to wear brighter pinks but it does look really pretty. The only issue is again, as its not matte (its a lustre) it slides across the lips a bit which you don't want when wearing a bold colour.

On my wishlist I currently have the shades Honeylove, Taupe, Mehr, Velvet Teddy, Please Me and Angel. Most of these are nude shades, I just can't help myself! I hope this helped you if you want to buy a new MAC lipstick, or if you're just interested in other people's collections!

Hannah xo


2 comments:

  1. Out of all of these I only own Creme Cup but I absolutely love Fanfare - what a beautiful colour, so interesting and pretty!

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have patisserie and plumful and I love them both! X

    www.missshanlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete