Go to Eyeshadow look

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all having a nice day whatever you may be doing. I thought I'd share with you a little tutorial of my favourite eyeshadow look. This is pretty simple so would be perfect if you're just getting to grips with a subtle smoky eye. Also the colours I use can easily be changed to your preference so if you'd rather grey tones instead of warm browns they would work just as well! I tend to go to this look the majority of the time, whether I'm going out at night or just want to make a real effort in the day it's perfect.


1. I begin by placing sticky tape in the shape I want my eyeshadow to be, this adds precision when applying the makeup and gives a neater look, however this is optional and on a day to day basis I do my makeup free hand. I then take my Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadow in the shade 35- On and on bronze and place it all over my lid just using my finger. This step definitely doesn't have to be neat as it's just a base to make the eyeshadow last longer.

2. I then reach for my Urban Decay smoky palette. This is my personal favourite eyeshadow palette EVER as it has all the shades I tend to wear included in one palette. I begin by applying the colour Whiskey in the outer corner of my lid and along the tape which I applied to leave a sharp line which will later soften the look of my liquid eyeliner. I also take this shade into my crease but only gently as the colours are very pigmented.

3. Taking the shade Dirtysweet (possibly my favourite colour in the palette) I place it all over my lid and blend it slightly into where I've placed whiskey. Then, getting a clean fluffy brush I blend out the eyeshadow, this is the most important step as it just neatens everything up and leaves a gorgeous gradient. To highlight I use either the shadows High or Thirteen, one is shimmery, the other is matte, depending what finish I am in the mood for. Today I went with High as I think it blends perfectly with the colours I used.

4. I then remove the sticky tape and blend out the harsh line of eyeshadow. I then line my tight line and water line with waterproof eye pencil. Depending how harsh you want the look to be you could use either black or brown pencil, I however, love using black eye pencil as it really brings out the blue in my eyes and makes the whole look pop. I top off the look with liquid eyeliner and mascara, if you aren't confident at applying liquid eyeliner, the tape is a great way to get a smooth application. And there you have it! The finished look.


I hope you all have fun recreating this look. If you need to know where to get any of the products let me know in the comments however I got most of those used in Boots or Debenhams. Lots of love!

Hannah xo

8 comments:

  1. This is such a nice look! I tend to dismiss the idea of using tape, but it really does work well! Maybe for big events I'll break the tape out ;)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I totally agree with you, I didn't use it for ages but when I'm going for a nice evening look I don't do otherwise, no more eye makeup disasters to worry about before you go out haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same Maybelline Colour Tattoo, such a gorgeous colour! Love this look - I love the sharp edge that the tape gives! Xx
    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look so much! Love the idea of using tape, I don't tend to as I only usually have time for one colour all over. Will for sure have to use this technique though!

    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Leibster Award, I love reading your posts and would love for you to do it, head over to my blog to see more :-) Have a good day!

    Heather x www.heathermaisie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty look!! You look beautiful dear. The idea of using tape is brilliant :) Really cute header ! x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! It really makes me want to try the Urban Decay smokey palette.

    http://livify.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on this post! Glad to see you like this look :) xx

    ReplyDelete