A Brighton Weekend!

Hello Everyone!

Its been a little longer than I'd of liked since my last post so I'm going to start posting at least every Friday, if not another day in the week if there's something I can't wait to share with you. This post is going to be a little different to my previous beauty and fashion ones, but hopefully you'll enjoy it all the same!

So I was luckily enough to have a weekend away in Brighton last week with my boyfriend Ben for our two year. He treated us to a cute little hotel and we got the chance to explore the cute and quirky areas of Brighton; I'm obsessed with it there! Despite living fairly nearby and having visited Brighton a few times I have never had a full day there from waking up to going to sleep so it was really exciting. There's so many lovely restaurants and cafes I'm so excited to share with you and hopefully you'll get to visit and love them as much as me!




We stayed in a nice hotel called Court Craven, the owners were lovely and it was positioned right next to the beach which was ideal. On the first night we were pretty tired so we had a stroll along the seafront and got dinner at pizza express. We decided to stick with somewhere we knew was nice and not too expensive but even for pizza express it was in a lovely place. It was situated in the Lanes which are one of my favourite parts of Brighton, if you love random shops and quaint tearooms you'd love it. There is something for everyone and I could genuinely look round all day without getting bored. So that's what we did the next day! We kicked off the day at The Breakfast Club and Oh My Goodness it was amazing. I know the Breakfast Club is a chain, but if you haven't been, I totally recommend it. I had eggs royale and it was DElicous! The staff were all super friendly and the decor was really quirky which I love as there's so much to look at. Ben had a breakfast burrito which was also so good, and I'm determined to go back there to try the pancakes! It's situated in the lanes which is great because it's so near too both central Brighton and the Pier. We then went to the Brighton Aquarium which was a lot of fun, there really isn't much less than what's in London Aquarium but at a much cheaper price.



Another place I would recommend for either Breakfast or lunch is JB's American Diner. Not the healthiest option I am well aware of that but the food is incredible. The price is extremely reasonable for the portion sizes and the food tastes good quality for what it is. I have previously been for dinner and had steak and a burger (at different times of course) and they were SO good, but this time we opted to go for breakfast. I had the American Breakfast which consisted of American style pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausages, and could no way near finish it but I really wanted to! Ben had a sausage and egg bagel and he loved it. The staff are all so friendly and dressed in typical diner staff uniform which adds to the authenticity. Alongside this the diner is plastered in American memorabilia and it looks so retro. The seats are proper booths and nothing but typical American songs are played... on a jukebox of course! 





In terms of things to do in Brighton I would definitely recommend the pier, it looks amazing lit up in the evening or walking along in daylight is just as good as you can see for miles along the coastline. There's so many rides and little stalls it's just like a fairground and there's just endless things to do. The lanes I've previously mentioned but they are one of my favourite parts, there is also the North Laine which is near the train station which have even nicer shops it's just slightly less central! The Brighton Pavilion is a lovely place to go for a walk (and take amazing instagram pictures!) There's a small tearoom in the grounds which are pretty cheap so it's a nice place to take a breather after a long day of shopping and exploring.

I hope you all enjoyed this slightly different blog post, no doubt I will get back to the beauty blogging in no time if not! 

Hannah xo 

4 comments:

  1. It looks so cool! I've never been to Brighton and definitely feel it's somewhere I need to visit! Thanks for the recommendations!

    Chloe x | Snug Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay! Hopefully you have a great time if you choose to go :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely! I'm a massive food person and now want to go to brighton to eat, haha :) Anywho, i nominated you for the Liebster Awards, check here for more information: http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/liebster-awards.html :) x

    http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these pictures! They are so lively and fun! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    --Corin | All Paths Lead to Wonderland

    ReplyDelete