Recent Lipstick Discovery

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14745781/?claim=8ya5qtgcud8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hiya!

When it comes to lipsticks I've dabbled with most brands, mac, Rimmel, Nars, Chanel, Maybelline, you name it and I've probably tried it, it's become a bit of an obsession! I love trying new brands and Bourjois is a brand which I have used in the past, I love their blush, foundations and their chocolate bronzer is gorgeous, but until now I'd never given their lip products a go.

I first wanted to give their lip products a go when me and my friends were on a girl's holiday and Katie was wearing a vampy purple lip which looked amazing, it was matte which I loved, and I noticed it lasted all night so I had to ask what it was! It was the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick so I decided to pick one up from my local Superdrug. The first one I picked up was a deep pink colour, similar to Mac's plumful however much more pigmented due to the matte finish. The colour payoff is amazing and you don't even need to apply a lip pencil underneath to make it neater/stay on longer. I find one application is enough however these products are very easy to build up to get the desired colour. I originally wore this on a uni night out and got lots of compliments, and I was so impressed I had to buy a few more! This time I decided to go for a nude and a true red colour. The red shade I would say is a dupe for Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in the shade Coromandel, but at £8.99 is a much better price, and honestly I'd say I prefer it. The shade nude-ist is a peachy toned nude and looks amazing everyday or paired with a smokey eye on a night out!

Overall I would definitely recommend purchasing one of these lipsticks if you're looking for a high street alternative to a high end matte lipstick. I have included a few pictures of swatches as well as the product on my lips so you can clearly see what they look like when applied, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Hannah xo



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Hannah - I think I'll give the nude-ist a try. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be grabbing myself some of these, they're gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete