High Street everyday makeup

Hello!

Despite my love for high end makeup it isn't always practical when on a budget. Therefore I have been searching for affordable high street makeup which I can use everyday yet not break the bank. Since attending university I have been unable to spend my money on the things I would typically like to. The majority of my money goes on food, washing and travel; boring, but realistic, however these are a few makeup items I use frequently.

Firstly, foundation. I find high street foundations very hit and miss. Some of them are amazing, whereas others can leave you looking cakey or just not give you an even base. My personal favourite is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation. I don't know if this foundation lasts 25 hours as I don't wear it that long, but it lasts all day without me having to top it up. Personally I find all Rimmel foundations amazing for the price but this is my personal favourite and only costs £7.99. I then like to apply concealer, since I can remember I have been using the collection  lasting perfection concealer, this gives amazing coverage and hides any blemishes. Even better, it only costs £3.99! To set my makeup I use the Rimmel stay matte powder, this makes my base last all day and doesn't leave it cakey.

In terms of eye products I generally play it safe on an everyday basis and just wear winged eyeliner. My go to liner is the collection fast stroke eyeliner, it's £2.99 and I have to say I prefer this to any high end or other high street liquid liner. It lasts all day and is a true black colour. Application is easy which is a must for when using liquid eyeliner. I tend to change my mascara all the time, but generally I choose Maybelline mascaras or Rimmel, they both work equally well.

Typically I would leave my makeup at that if I want to be quick but if I want to add a bit of lip product I love the sleek matte lip creams. They have great lasting power and the pigmentation is excellent. I also love kiko lipsticks and lipliners. Maybelline colour tattoo eyeshadows are my favourite high street shadows. I can't deny that I use my naked pallets all the time as they are my favourite but the Maybelline shadows are very easy to blend and leave a lovely finish. In terms of contour I love the sleek contour pallet as well as the bourjois chocolate bronzer for a natural finish. I love to highlight and my favourite high street highlight is the revolution baked highlighter. It gives a gorgeous glow and is very easy to blend.

Hope this helps!

Hannah xo




0 comments:

Post a Comment